Saturday, June 5, 2010

Track Us While We Train

LEAH

A note about this blog:

Both Penelope and I will post to this blog, so look for LEAH or PENELOPE at the top of each post.

Although our training hasn't begun in earnest yet, we are both already running and preparing to take on New York City in November!

I'm in Oregon, currently running in Eugene (Track Town, USA). Pretty soon I'll be off to Salvador da Bahia, Brazil, where I'll--hopefully--continue to run as I study Portuguese and live with a Brazilian family for eight weeks. Penelope is working in New York City, running in Central Park, and scoping out the course. In late August we'll reunite at Harvard to undertake the crucial last 11 weeks until race day.

We'll both be posting with marathon training anecdotes, tips, and fundraising updates (see below to learn more about Girls on the Run Manhattan, the charity that we've committed to raise $2500 each for), so make sure to check back regularly!

Also, please consider making a donation to our fundraising efforts:

Thanks, and happy running!

-Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment